View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012   #32
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitboor View Post
As the fact that if rockstar decide to making him like as you would say as "some stereotype street gangsta" he's will probably have the same amount of undeserved hate that CJ has go.

also i'll add that, there i'snt also much difference between an gangsta and gangster, since they do almost the same thing the only difference is in the way they operate.
Simply put, CJ was a follower. He always did what the people around him wanted him to do; be it Sweet, Toreno, Tenpenny. He was pushed around constantly and wasn't really ever in control. I wouldn't even describe it as hate.

Did Carl Johnson have ambition? Outside of a desire to free the ghetto from drugs and junkies, I don't think he did. He fell into most of his opportunities through blind luck, never once actively searching for a way to better himself. Going back to my example of 'gangster,' Stringer Bell is described as "ruthless and completely devoted to his work, eliminating threats to [his organization] as soon as they appear. Stringer's ambitions can be seen as a mirror of capitalism played out in the urban underclass."

There is the stark difference between a gangsta and a gangster. A gangsta has a devil-may-care approach while a gangster has a reason for the things they do. Compare Scarface to Doughboy from 'Boys n the Hood' for another example. Gangsters are defined by their ambition.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote