View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012   #20
Tendercrisp
Hi.

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
All I can provide here is commentary on rampant speculation...

but I hope to God that the idea of more than one main protagonist is true. And I hope that you alternate between playing as them, rather than permanently switch from one to the other. And I hope the game's story arc culminates with them meeting, and possibly fighting.

But what I really hope is that one main character is lower class while the other is upper class. Money could work on completely different levels for both characters. One character could make thousands of dollars for simply overseeing a mission, while the other character would make only hundreds of dollars for risking his life.

Kind of how shit works in real life. With political players making millions a year, and the soldiers they send off to die spending their life struggling to pay bills...

This game is supposed to be about the economy, class warfare, and "the almighty dollar."

I've never seen R* depict money realistically in any of their games, so this could be the exception...

The one thing I've always liked more than the gameplay in R* games, is the COMMENTARY ON SOCIETY.

They do that more justice than most developers could ever hope to. And they've already stated that this game is going to touch on the recent economic woes in America. What better way to do that then to have two different story arcs from different economic perspectives?

*sigh*

I get excited about Rockstar Games' games the way I get excited about a book or a movie....

Last edited by Tendercrisp; 08-24-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote