View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Multiple protagonists is one of those things that would have to be done well for it to work, otherwise it just wouldn't. If they do implement it, I have faith Rockstar can pull it off. The thing to do would somehow combine each character in the same story to make them all feel relevant while also making each remain separate enough to warrant being a different playable character. Say, combine multiple protagonists with more in-depth decision making that affects more than just one of the playable characters.

I'll think of an example off the top of my head: say one character smuggles drugs, another supplies them and another is a simple street dealer that sells them. Depending on how many protagonists there are they could have anywhere from 30 to 60 missions each (30 if there are 4, 60 if there are 2, etc) that all revolve around the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Every game I've played with multiple protagonists... I've simply lost interest in playing them. Maybe it's just me being pretty narrow minded with stories but when I pick up a game I only want to be one character, as I feel I'm taking that character from A to B.

A and B can be physical locations, reputations, character development. I coped with the DLC because I treat them as seperate games within the same universe, but if they tried to hoy all three games into one game I would have lost interest by the second island.
I don't think I'm the only one who found both Carl and Niko's stories to become progressively worse as they went on due to their length. After all, if going from A to B in a 2 hour film is possible, then I'm sure they'll be able to pull it off multiple times in a 20+ hour videogame.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote