View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012   #34
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
It's called LOD aka Level of Detail. Why should you render a tree in complete pixel-by-pixel quality in comparison to the textures when you're so far away you can't even see it properly?
Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
My overall point was that it will be fine when the game comes out. (And if you ask me those trees are very close, not much of a distance at all. But we really dont need a whole convo about trees..)

And I was referring to the GTA franchise, because thats the only game I follow while they release trailers and screens. If you've followed the GTA games like I have during and before releases, I'm sure you've seen many changes from the early trailers that never made it into the game, or got changed. Usually small things, and almost always visuals. It happens. I'm not saying its a bad thing, its just part of the process of making the game.
Those trees are not "very close". Just look at this image...

The bottom portion(most recent image) clearly has the smallest(furthest) trees. If you look at the top half of the image, you can see how quickly the detail drops off as the trees go further into the distance.

And if you're referring to the GTA franchise, what changes have you ever seen from early trailers that never made it to the game or got changed?

Last edited by Bigbeats23; 07-14-2012 at 05:03 AM..
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote