View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012   #5
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
I agree about the trees. They look worse than IV's trees, so I expect that to be fixed long before the game is released. My guess is they first placed the trees, then later they'll go back and work on the graphics of them. And besides, we all know by now many things that appear in the trailers and screens have been known to be largely changed, or not make the final cuts.

Either way, clearly Rockstar has no intentions on releasing this game anytime soon.. or even moderately soon. I think we all hoped that the original trailer release would suggest the game was nearly completed to avoid keeping fans from waiting too long.. It wasnt the case. lol
The problem with your point about the trees is if you watch the trailer again, you will notice the trees look good in every shot. This is because they're are closer, but there is less detail when they are in the distance, like in the picture. Why would the trees look better 8 months ago? Look at everything else around the trees. Do you think the grass or the benches are unfinished as well? Look at the trees even further in the distance, and you'll notice they have even less detail. If Rockstar didn't use tricks like this, we wouldn't have games like GTA.

And when you say this... "we all know by now many things that appear in the trailers and screens have been known to be largely changed, or not make the final cuts", are you referring to Rockstar or just game studios in general. I don't think Rockstar shows off stuff that isn't finished, or stuff they will change in the future. They even say stuff like this..."we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information" or "The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information".
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote