View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012   #29
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
I know there were questions to whether or not airplanes would be flyable in V, and some of you are pretty certain that they will be, if I'm not mistaken. But I came across this on Rockstar as I was reading the Newswire about the screenshots. I'm assuming they're talking about V when referring to their "biggest open world game to date". And if they are, indeed, referring to V, I guess it's pretty much confirmed that airplanes will be flyable in V.

“Hey guys hope everything is good over there in Rockstar. Just a question referring to GTA 4, the game was brilliant and I really enjoyed and still do, but what disappointed me was the lack of planes and jets... Can you tell me why you didn't include them, I'm sure you have a very valid reason?” – via Mouthoff

The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying. It was the first time we made a high definition open world, and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale – we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly. Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date.
atdray is offline   Reply With Quote