View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012   #2180
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
What kind of bike do you have? It sounds a little much for a repair but I guess it was a major repair so it might not be so bad. I bought a bike for under $500 a couple months ago so almost 1/4 of the cost of the bike in repairs seems a bit much. But anyways I love having the bike now, the other day I rode for a total of 30 miles, only stopping a couple times. With the nice weather we've been having it's awesome to be able to just ride all around town.

3 speed schwinn beach cruiser, bout 5 years old, 250$ new.

Well the rear hub was basically banjaxed, coaster break was gunked up and I somehow lost a part to the gear linkup O..O

basically I was riding it to a friends house, and just before I got there the back wheel LOCKED, nearly went down. walked it the rest of the way there. left later slightly inebriated and just dragged it back to my house.

So only 79$ was the tuneup and gear fix, the rest was a replacement rear tire from where I flat spotted it to the cords >..<