View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012   #19
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Take-2 needed to announce GTA V when it did so that its shareholders could see exactly why the company was predicting an increase such as this after such a poor year; shareholders of Take-2 may have assumed the company were expecting Borderlands, Bioshock, NBA 2K13 and XCOM to perform to GTA standards. I'm not too read-up on the stock market either but basically you don't get that kind of hike in profits unless you expect something big coming.

Edit: Back-tracked to some old sources and found this. Take-Two share prices jumped 6% after GTA V's announcement.
That's actually pretty interesting once I started to wrap my head around it. Take-2 is telling their shareholders they will bring in between $1.75 and $1.85 billion in revenue for the fiscal year ending March 31 2013. Maybe they'll get somewhere around $1 billion give or take from the other Take-2 titles combined, but that still leaves a huge amount that needs to be made. Like Lukeyy19 said, it seems GTA V will need to be released well before March 2013 to get revenue like that.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote