| 06-12-2012 || #38 |
Dats da fact jack!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19
For anyone wondering how long things may take, heres a look back at the release of GTA IV:
this all seems like a hell of a long time, when compared to V was announced just over a week before it's first trailer, so perhaps this one has been kept quiet for a lot longer, and we'll se a much shorter timeline this time?
- It was announced on May 9th 2006 at Microsoft's E3 Press Conference with a release of October 16th 2007
- It wasn't until March 1st 2007 that Rockstar announced the first trailer was due on 29th March 2007
- Trailer 1 goes live March 29th 2007
- Late April and May 2007, journalists begin to be shown the game by Rockstar
- Rockstar announced Trailer 2 on June 11th 2007
- Contents of the Special Edition are announced on June 26th 2007
- Trailer 2 goes live June 28th 2007, still with a release set for October 2007
- Early June 2007 is E3, Rockstar are showing IV
- Later in June 2007, Rockstar give journalists a much more in depth and longer look at the game.
- on August 2nd 2007 the game is delayed until April 29th 2008
- November 28th 2007 sees the unveiling of the Box Art
- December 4th 2007, more details about the Special Edition, and it's price are released.
- December 6th 2007, Rockstar release Trailer 3
- December 14th Rockstar updated IV's website with details of characters from the game.
- January 23rd 2008 sees journalist given a look at an almost finished version of IV
- February 28th 2008, journalists are finally able to play GTA IV
- The 4th and final IV trailer was announced on March 20th 2008
- The 4th trailer goes live March 27th 2008
- April 8th 2008, journalists are given a hands on with the multiplayer aspect of GTA IV
- April 11th, more multiplayer modes revealed
- Late April 2008, just before the game's release, we start to see reviews of the full game.
- 29th April 2008, GTA IV is released worldwide
Obviously, they aren't going by the IV timeline now.