View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012   #219
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Oh absolutely. I understand hedging their bets to maximize a profit margin. Let's be honest though. The fans who bought MP3 were going to buy no matter what and another trailer or a more in depth article on V wouldn't affect the bottom line that much would it? As far as catering to the fans, I wouldn't expect them to give anything more than an outstanding product. I'm sure there's more going on behind the magician's cutain then we're led on to believe.
This has had me scratching my head since the very beginning of the year.

The only thing I can come up with is maybe the release of the trailer was more for Max Payne 3 than GTA V. I think they were possibly going after some GTA fans who weren't planning on purchasing MP3. I don't even know if this would work, but I seriously can't think of another reason.

It was very odd how they did marketing for both games. Rockstar didn't start marketing MP3 until right after the GTA V debut trailer. They showed that little bit of GTA V, and then it was basically silence for that game, and then on to the Design & Tech videos and interviews for MP3 every month. It's almost like they used the GTA V trailer as the first bit of marketing for MP3.

The reason why we haven't heard or seen anything else about GTA V is because that type of marketing only works if they stay completely silent about GTA. The marketing isn't for people who were going to get MP3 no matter what. It's for people who showed up for GTA V, but have only been getting MP3 for the last six months. It's like they got people hungry for their favorite food, but then fed them something else that tastes pretty good.

I bet it actually sold more copies of MP3, if for no other reason than the amount of added traffic to Rockstar's site. And just think about what the very last bit of GTA V information was. "Form crews in Max Payne 3 and keep them going in Grand Theft Auto V"
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote