View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012   #34
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Currently playing through the game on Old School, on Chapter V, only died twice so far, expect to die many more times, especially in the later chapters. Luckily it is only a medium difficulty, and the checkpoints really dumb it down to where anyone with enough patience could play through it, probably even on the hardest difficulty.

To hell with Hardcore. Maybe at a much, much later date.

I first played through the game on Easy, so I could get all the collectibles, and absorb the story without really putting much effort into it, that and I haven't played much of anything lately, so it was a good warmup to get started. Even though, I still died a lot.

Then played through on Hard, died 10 - 15 times throughout the whole thing.

Hardest part of the game was (kind of spoils ending):

The top of that hotel when it collapsed at the end of Chapter 12, was practically all my deaths, hardest I've raged in a game in a very long time. The end of the game in the airport against Becker, all those fucking guys and grenades, did it my 2nd try.

I have a couple minor knit-picks about this game, and several non-mentionable, blatant knit-picks.

1. Checkpoint barriers. This pissed me off pretty good in a couple spots. You go through a door or gate, and then, BOOM an invisible wizard placed a seal spell on it. I can understand certain points keeping you from going back, but sometimes, it is just flat out retarded, like when it isn't a loading zone. I died several, several times because I went to go back to take cover and the passage wouldn't open. Especially when I was going back for golden guns/clues/painkillers I might have missed. But, when I found out you could choose exactly which checkpoint you wanted to start at when you finished the game, this kind of quenched that quarrel, didn't really help in the middle of a playthrough though.

2. Cutscenes. Fucking cutscenes. When you first play through you want to bury yourself in them. However, when you are playing through again, or going for collectibles, they are extremely annoying when you just want to do what you want to do.

3. Loading times. Well, really cutscenes too, STILL LOADING STILL LOADING STILL LOADING. I watch some streams of people who installed the game (I currently don't have a hard drive TO install to), and it still took about the same time to load to even skip the damn things, and by the time you can, you've already watched the whole goddamn thing! What the fuck?! I've only played it on 360, are the loading times that bad on the PS3 version? I mean, I know MGS4 is pretty old now, but even then you had the option to skip the damn cutscenes. What exactly is the game loading that takes so long?
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote