View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012   #9
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting... Are you saying that releasing two games at the same time will create more sales?

GTA will do well no matter what time of year it's released, it's not exactly a stocking filler, people want it the moment it's released, whereas while there are those who are the same with bioshock, it's not such a big franchise, GTA would overshadow it, and it's initial sales would suffer.

While you can argue that the people who want Bioshock will buy it eventually anyway, you're only looking at it from one perspective, when Black Ops was released I had never been a fan of FPS games but because there was nothing else that interested me at the time, I picked it up, you have to account for these sort of impulse buys too, they probably make up a large proportion of the market.

Modern Warefare 3 and Battlefield 3 were released around the same time, and I could afford both, but I chose to just get Battlefield and hold out for a price drop on MW3, as did most of my gaming friends.

Releasing a more popular game around the same time as a competitors game release can be a good strategy, releasing a more popular game which will overshadow another of your franchises, is a bad move.
The example of games I gave in an earlier post all came out with the most popular game ever, and all did very well. Take-Two already has projections of what Bioshock Infinite will do, and they have the same for GTA V.

We all have our opinions, but it's really just all about what Take-Two wants this year. Releasing them close together isn't a definite bad move unless it hurts one of your games. We just have to agree to disagree about the sales part, because I don't think GTA V will affect Bioshock's sales anymore than any other competitor. It's just too solid of a franchise and the fans love Ken levine and Irrational Games.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote