View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012   #9
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
I agree with Slim Trashman, it'll probably be the same as with IV, the trailer will focus on the city, the story, and the characters.

Then comes the fun of trying to pick out all the little details ourselves.

Grand Theft Auto is not something they need to advertise by showing what technical things they've done, they want to advertise it as an immersive story.
I get what you guys are saying, and hopefully we'll see soon enough. Any video/trailer is advertising anyways. They've found a style that's worked well for the last three games they put out and are about to put out. They don't really give anything away, but they're able to tell us what cool things they've done, and the cool things we'll be able to do in the game. It would just be a little weird to ditch something that's working, especially when there's so much good feedback about those design and tech videos.

I feel like Red Dead is the best example, because it's basically just a western GTA. They started off with a couple cinematic trailers, but then the rest of the videos were all about telling us the details of the environment, physics, weapons, characters etc. I don't think those are the type of details Rockstar hopes for us to figure out for ourselves, because if that was the case, the design and tech videos would never exist in the first place.

And it's not about a "need" to advertise their game. They just want to advertise the amount of quality work they put into their titles. Anyways, it's just my opinion, but who knows what they'll do for their most popular title, especially since they didn't start that new style of trailer until after the last GTA.

Last edited by Bigbeats23; 04-03-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote