View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011   #13
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I appereciate that, but I don't think games can ever truly merge with films, tv shows and books, I don't watch a film the same way I play a game, when I watch a film, I'm watching a story, however that story goes, that's fine, because I'm just watching it, but when I'm playing a game, I feel like I become the character, I don't feel like I'm just playing an interactive story, so when the story forces something upon me, it feels less like I'm playing a game, and more like I'm just along for the ride, for example, in LA Noire when
cole begins cheating on his wife, and walks out on his kids
that annoyed me, because all I could think was, what a dick, I wouldn't do that, why would I want to do that!? It was good as a story, and a games story is an important aspect, I just don't think a deep, rich storyline, should take priority over the actual game.

In a film, if the main character dies, it's all part of the story, but in a game, I am the main character, i get that you'd want the adrenaline from whether or not he'll die, but if it's in the script, and no matter how well you play, you're gonna die, the playing of the game starts to seems pointless, if I die, the last however many hours it took to get there feels like rather a waste of time.

Would you not rather it be, 'play this mission to determine what happens next' than 'play this mission to unlock the next part of the film'?

I also didn't like heavy rain, I like to play games, and watch films, not play films or watch games.

I think it's difficult for both of us to properly explain our thoughts on this.

Perhaps rockstar will find a comfortable middle ground that will satisfy both of us, we are all different people, but rockstar have always been good at providing something for everyone in grand theft auto.