View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011   #27
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a reason why Xbox 360 doesn't have Blu-ray and its more complicated than just "getting the license."
Not that I want to drag this on, but out of technical curiosity, what are you [vaguely] referring to there?

They did it with HD-DVD, I don't see why they can't do a BluRay addon. Other than licensing they have to get from Sony, along with I believe paying loyalties for using their format.
I understand MS not wanting to pay their competitors in the same market, but I don't understand MS's unwillingness to resolve the issue when it's obviously becoming a big pain up developer's ass and which in turn hurts us gamers.

I believe Nintendo is doing something interesting with their format for WiiU, where it's not a BluRay but like a BluRay, MS can come up with something like that.
Or ship games with flash storage the game reads off of extra data from. (just plug it in the USB when playing that game).

So there are solutions, but MS, as always, doesn't really give a shit about the consumers because they know no publisher is going to drop 360 sales so they are happy crippling Sony's strength and hurting gamers at the same time.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote