View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011   #13
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys, i'm glad you like it, and it was useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale2hall View Post
Love the breakdown.

as far as the "gangasta"

I'm saying drug dealer, and that he's ready to sell the guy who appears straight drugs, and he give him a subtle hand gesutre saying, not now, or indicating that he is not going to be buying drugs right then.

see: http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...oc1ashirt.html

drug dealers wear plain white t-shirts.
when i wrote that bit i didn't really like the word gangster either, i have changed this part now to reflect that he is probably a drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexitol View Post
Very nice analysis. There are several spelling errors, but other than that, excellent work.
that's what i get for working on this until the early hours of the morning i guess, i have corrected all i could find, let me know if you notice any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale2hall View Post
I never knew that hanging the shoes in the wires was a symbol of respect. I know in the suburbs kids used to do it when they got new shoes. Great job on pointing out the little details on this trailer, I really enjoyed that.
I saw it on a program about LA Gangs a while a go lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Great work.

The bridge in Part 1 is likely the Vincent Thomas Bridge.

It also should be noted that Venice Beach is roughly 30 minutes from downtown LA.
Many other places like the Tehachapi wind farms (with the turbines) is 1-2 hours outside.

So point being, this isn't "just LA". They're doing any and all surrounding areas + countryside.

On a personal note: I get ridiculously nerded out about about the reactive AI and dynamic particle effects. The wind effect on the tarps when the dude puts the top down on the convertible is sick...

wow so if they are even close to that sort of scale, this thing is going to be huge, and i know what you mean, just seeing all the little AI actions is cool, and the flags and curtains and what not fluttering in the breeze, this is shaping up to be a really nice game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexitol View Post
It also bears pointing out that screens 7/8 from Part 2 are the same location as the last screen from Part 4, from the opposite direction, as you can see the Tequi La La sign just above and to the right of the man in colorful clothes at 0:35.
hmm I think you're right, not sure i fancy, trying to squeeze that in though, doesn't really add anything, nice spot though.