View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010   #58
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Yeah all that work we put in with me isolating over and over and over and over finally got me to a combined knowledge and realization of how the game itself was operating deep in its guts and why my burst of hunches started to pay off. So all that extremely insane troubleshooting we did at so many levels and on so many different things paid off in the end.

And guess what I'm doing right now... rewriting car crews

heh... there is NO, not, zippo, ziltch, can't be done, did I mention no? chance to be able to create the type of car crews I have in mind by using existing game peds. It's simply not possible for a very large bag of reasons. So I'm now examining plan M that I've had in mind for a little while now and it was going to be used for a new Police core but because the car crews simpy can not be made to do what I want, it is being applied to them first to see if I can make it work.

A ReserveThugs system. I'm going to simulate the way the game itself recycles its own entities across the world, except these will be newly created and owned by AW. There will be 16 in reserves and the system is self maintained so if there are thugs available they get sent out to crews and when it's time for them to go away they get recycled back into the reserves awaiting the next batch of crews to be created and sent out again.

The net affect is a never increasing, never decreasing, reserve core of thugs that self maintain and recycle in and out of the world. And the bonus affects, which is the true point of this, are 2 fold. ( 1 ) they get to use the thug models file again so they are real thugs and not just whatever ped type the game created and ( 2 ) they are never deleted until AW shuts down, so the statue issue should not resurface because they are not being constantly created and deleted which is ultimately (I believe) the #1 cause of statues as the games GC and Recycler breaks as I've described before.

Still have a lot to do to make it all work the way I want, but if this DOES work it's going to be awesome because we'll have true carloads of thugs, day or night, regardless of how many game created peds there are in the world, world-wide
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote