View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010   #56
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
@Mr. Violence

I have a Police core in mind but the problem is coming up with solid way to do it. What AW does is complex. And it's not bug free. The Police core will add a substantial amount of complexity ontop of everything else. But it is something i'm actively chewing on, because it was intended from the begining. The thugs and crews in the city are WAY over the heads of the standard LCPD and it was always invisioned to have swat / stockade / custom color noose help out but I had to reach a stable point before even considering it.

Bottom line on a Police core is I have to get the current cores working as perfectly as possible in long term conditions and that objective is not met yet. It's so damn close but it's not there because of car crews. Mayhem and Street Thugs appear working very, very well over hours and hours. Car Crews... not so much. But I'm now chewing yet another approach with them and if I can get it to work it will be pretty damn cool. Just don't know if I'll be able to pull it off, but for solo cars I'm going to try and build a it so they pick up members off the street or from other cars. We'll see.

@Everyone
By the way I tested the latest version that disabled the use of warp to car which caused some people script thread aborts. The last build posted ran here for 6 hours and was shut down with F9 normally so that issue should be gone and it should be extremely stable. There is a long term issue with car crews but it's not statues and it's getting better and the city was still at war with street thugs and mayhem still working perfectly. This has a LOT to do with the new object policy I outlined in the revision history. Things are getting a lot better

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-21-2010 at 08:19 AM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote