View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010   #48
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecjester View Post
ok! so thanks iron for the suggestion! totally worked. now i can only play with the mod for about 20 minutes before it crashing.
i would give an error log but i dont rightfully know how to do that. i'd love to help out some because this is the best thing EVAR!
Ok great you are in! And yes I will take any and all assistance from everyone to help issolate and debug issues so we can all help make AW as solid as it can be. Its come a long, long way compared to its original 2009 version as far as stability but it has a long way to go to reach a truly stable condition across the board. It is very stable for a lot of people including myself but there are folks that see it have trouble.

The 1st qiestion is what type of crash. Is it a CTD or are you seeing SHDN console errors like aborted script threads? What if any errors are in the SHDN log file? Don't post the entire file just post any error portions you see at the end of the file which will be the last runs.

To turn on AW specific logging you do that from the editor. Each of the cores (Player Assist, Car Crews etc) has a UseFileLog option. If you set that to True it will generate abusrdly detailed code flow tracing of what it's doing. The logs will get HUGe but don't post the entire logs just post the last portsion of logs where any exceptions show up and include some of the statements in the log prior to those exceptions. That way it is more clear what AW was doing when it encountered a problem.

Lastly, there is a known issue where some people including Motorsport71 experience a script thread abort related to warping chars into cars. That is actually an SHDN issue. I have notified HazardX about it and he confirmed the issue and it will be fixed in the next release of SHDN but there is no ETA on when that next release will hit. I've also added a note at the beining of this thread at the top of the 1st page about this as well.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote