View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010   #22
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Long day spent 6 hours in an airport and the friggin WiFi was down airport wide

Further development will be done on my Alienware laptop for quite awhile as I'm out on contract again. It's a good machine but nowhere near as powerful as that monster rig back home. But most machines aren't frankly. Anyway even on this much (relative) slower machine I see tons and tons of spawns. I won't even attempt the new Armageddon on this thing (16 crews, 16 thugs, 7 or 8 mayhem) as there is little doubt it would turn into a slide show. But the point is with the settings I gave Takanuva200 (I tested them) I see plenty of spawns. So not sure what the deal is on his machine. I don't think a graphics mod would or should have any impact on the function of AW as AW is simply looking for and using cars and peds the game has created in the world.

I do think (or certainly hope) once I can focus a few passes on performance the raw speed will improve in all areas and that will be important for everyone except the most extreme machines. I will try to confirm the latest batch of changes, including the new war presets, is working as intended and stable and once that is done and I release it I will, when time permits, focus on performance and effeciency for the next release before going forward with another batch of features.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote