View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010   #15
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up War Presets Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanuva200 View Post
I have all my settings on high, and there are lots and lots off peds all over the city...)
Excellent then you should be able to get some crazy numbers if you mess with the settings. I also forgot to mention I have reimplemented the Ped Density Boost property which can substantially increase the number of peds in the city by huge factors.

You situation made be think of something I hadn't yet. What I will do and include in the next release is create a War Presets type option in the editor. The defaults that ship with AW are specifically to be a middle of the road, background ambient war numbers and not a full out Armageddon. This is the default for 2 reasons. ( 1 ) so it is actually just ambient and not in your face every step you take no matter what and ( 2 ) it takes a LOT of horsepower to crank the numbers up and not utterly crush the CPU(s) depending on the type, core numbers and speed.

So here is what I'm thinking as far as a presets option:

1 Unrest - Low settings. 1 crew, 1 street thug, 2 mayhem.
2 Ambient - Moderate settings. 3 crew, 3 street thug, 3 mayhem.
3 Chaos - Elevated settings: 5 crew, 6 street thug, 4 mayhem.
4 Wars - High settings: 8 crew, 8 street thug, 5 mayhem.
5 Rebellion - Very high settings: 12 crew, 12 street thug, 6 mayhem.
6 Armageddon - Extreme settings: 16 crew, 16 street thug, 7 mayhem.

So it could be a combo box with these, you just pick one, save it and go. I will eventually need to make it so AW does a total re-read of all it's settings when toggling on off. Right now I think it does the bulk of them in the ctor which means only a ReloadScripts console command will cause a full re-load of settings changed while the game is running. Of course AW should always be toggled off before doing a ReloadScripts because if you don't and AW is running whatever it had control over will be lost and kept in the city which is bad because it will then have mission req peds and cars in memory and you do not want that in save games.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote