View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010   #12
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
i was just playing for about 50 minutes when i got a car crews error in the script. Now i did adjust the poll radius MaxCarCrewLeaderTargetPollRadius up from 25 to 40 so that i got more vehicles filled with crews instead of having only two ( a lot of vehicles only harbor two members). But the error isn't what got me... it was the side affect. I turned off ambient wars and the remaining CarCrews weren't swept up by garbage collection, which has happened before. When i toggelled it back on the script was still "broken", which was expected. But when i hit the ~ then reloaded the scripts everything fired up normal...except the old Crews were still running around the world unchecked and not picked up by garbage collection even after a script reset. It sounds to me like the CarCrews got away from AW and ran for it!

I am going to reduce the radius back and lower the CarCrew numbers. The problem might be the GTA i'm running, i'm running my modded file, still v1.0.7.0. The script error came during a chase where car crews were driving two downloaded modded cars and i was in another. The size of the downloaded vehicles is anywhere from 2x to 4x the original vehicle file size. I have 34 replaced vehicles, extra blood, and the loading screen bypassed in this modded game. These models all have been thoroughly tested and do not have any texture errors, and i ran it for a half an hour before that before i made config changes to the poll radius and so on without any trouble. I then made it another 50 minutes. And almost all of the chases have been in modded vehicles.

I will actually just go back to my "unmolested" file and run it as the config is set from the download again. That would be the safest way to determine true car crew stability under factory software conditions. I'll post back with my findings.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-16-2010 at 07:23 PM..
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote