View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010   #231
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
I have been running for 47 minutes now, no problems. i noticed the car crews are crossing paths at traffic jambs, sometimes 3 or 4 including traffic and thugs etc. When i was playing in the Times Square looking area i set up a vector. OMG, with all the traffic and chaos, the car crews getting stuck in that traffic, and the peds all running around, my computer was getting a little... s l o w. Don't get me wrong, i could play just fine, i was just moving at probably 85% speed lol. No crash. Also, you don't need to reload scripts to change the vector. that one you just have to toggle AW off, change the vector in the AmbientWarsVector file, and toggle it back on again... i wasn't sure if we covered that.

UPDATE: I'm up to an hour and 40 minutes, all still good. No statues, 1 raining ped. Noticed slower respawning again of both the CarCrews and the Thugs after an hour+. It seems to be when you are driving really fast. During the day it's not so bad, you notice it more at night. I assume since peds are less frequent at night, even with the pedboost.

UPDATE: I restarted and set up a vector with 12 thugs, 4 car crews with reduced poll radius, and mayhem on. I turned on invulnerablilty and found myself, hopefully, a safe place to hide. I am going to let the game go for another long term stabilty test. I'll later be able to see how the program / machine is doing. I may not be back on tonight. I'll check the post later.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-14-2010 at 09:44 PM..
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote