View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010   #230
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
_TargetTicks = Long.Parse((SetNextActionTimeInSeconds * 1000) * 10000)
LastTime = New TimeSpan(Now.Ticks)
NextTime = New TimeSpan(Now.Ticks + _TargetTicks)

It was a fast way to be able to store and calculated, at any moment within reason later, the time passed without having to create more heavy handed objects consuming resources.

That converts the seconds into milliseconds and that into ticks.

Later when I remember it I will use datetime objects to store the data and then use those to get the difference instead of directly using ticks at this level since it's not required it was just quick to do and that was the focus at the time.

It could turn into all kinds of shit. The goal was just to see if it was feasible. And we've proven it is, so there could be any number of things done with it. A simple way to do what you just requested would be to simply add delimiter support.

So it could instead be

x,y,z| This is inside the Deli in Hove Beach
x,y,z| This is in the middle of the tarmac at the Airport.
x,y,z| This is ....

But what we have at the moment is simply random vectors I saved while driving around.

There's now a temporary cap at 60sec in place until I put DT objects in there some time next week. I'm traveling back out of state to continue my contract so the next few days will be very busy. There will be a note under Bugs that I need to change to ussing DT objects and get away from raw Ticks data so the seconds could be huge at that point.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-14-2010 at 08:36 PM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote