View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010   #23
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
I thought one of GTA IV's biggest faults was that it didn't reward you for completing a lot of the side missions and even the main missions. You earned money which was useful to a degree, but when we look at III/VC/SA there were a lot more rewards or upgrades to be earned.

Examples: In GTA IV, get all the packages (pidgeons) and you get no reward, same with the uniques jumps or Stevie's car collections. Even completing the story doesn't unlock much beyond the map and safehouses. The one thing you do get is acheivements or trophies but these aren't in game rewards. The most notable in game rewards are the friend perks, but like you said Slim, they aren't that great.

In the III era games it was nice to get weapon pick ups at your safehouses, increased max health/armour. Infinite sprint, fire proof and unique vehicles are more rewards which would have been nice though I realise some of these may not have been suitable for GTA IV.

In The Lost & Damned and The Ballad Of Gay Tony they did start to bring some of this back with weapon pick ups at safe houses and unique vehicles parked at certain locations. Also the ability to get vehicles delivered to you is cool and the ability to expand the list of options to include better vehicles is a nice touch, something small I'd like to see expanded a bit more.
Yea I can say i didn't bother with the seagulls or whatever in TLAD and TBOGT because as far as i know there was no rewards for it, I only did it the main game to satisfy the achievement whore in me.
But it was an empty achievement when I still had to memorize armor and weapon locations or go to a gunshop instead of getting that stuff at my safehouse like in past GTAs. Friend perks are a good idea as long as you don't need to wine and dine all your friends to get them and they don't keep calling you. TLAD and TBOGT did the friends alot better and it was cool to have a friend/contact where you could buy guns from or get cars.

One way they could possibly fix the friend perk thing is have a "loyalty" mission (yea kinda like ME2 i guess) where you do something amazing for your friend and then they owe you so they'll help you out with something (guns, cars, get rid of wanted level, etc.)