Thread: SMPA60 error
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009   #5
cannabahash
Newbie Member

cannabahash is an unknown quantity at this point
I fixed this issue :)

i have had this game since its release and never modded it untill a good few months after, after modding some cars and totally messing it up i wanted to uninstall it, ended up doing a format cos i had other issues. after reinstalling my gta iv along with the save files i had backed up i started getting this exact same error msg after two mins of playing, wierd tho i never ever got it during multiplayer. what i done was load my most recent save, get in my infernus out front, then drive up the street and turn the corner, thats when i got the crash, over and over in the same place every time without fail. so i thought maybe it was the car lol well, i got into a sabre out front of my house and drove the exact same way i always get this crash and guess what, no crash :O i drove around for half hour just messing, then went back to my house to get into the infernus, drove down the street and took a right and it crashed with this error again. my guess was that somewhere through modding and the saved game i had backed up lay the issue. so i started a new game, played it pretty far thru with no problems at all. so decied to see what i could do to fix my backed up save which i really wanted to keep in th save file i backed up were several save slots, all slightly different times and dates, i loaded one of the older saves, got into my infernus and drove down the street expecting it for sure to crash, it did not. issue fixed in my book. and i have no doubt it was down to the save file from a install of gta i had modded In no way am i any kind of expert but this msg that follows is for all those idiots who say things like "try buying a new graphics card, try cleaning your disk, try uninstalling and reinstalling" if you have no experience of this issue please for the love of god keep it zipped lol
cannabahash is offline   Reply With Quote