View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009   #34
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latetzki View Post
Does these help then?

------------------------------------------------------
7.11.2009 18:34:36 - Starting up.
Ambient Wars v1.0.0.17 - BETA
7.11.2009 18:34:37 - PlayerLogic.Include = True

7.11.2009 18:34:36 - Starting up.
Ambient Wars v1.0.0.17 - BETA
7.11.2009 18:34:37 - ThugLogic.Include = True
7.11.2009 18:34:37 - [F][E] ThugLogic()-> (ThugLogic) The War is Starting...
7.11.2009 18:35:15 - [F][E] ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> RemoteEvent 'NativeInvoke' threw a System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory during remote call to native function 'CREATE_CHAR_AS_PASSENGER'!

Yes that helps. It's the CarCrews. It's an ongoing problem I'm working on when I get a chance. The best option for those experiencing that particular issue is to disable it in the config file option:

Thug.UseCarCrews=False

With that setting it will simply skip car crew logic.

Btw to help keep clutter down (you may already know this) it's a great idea to wrap log file contents or other big debug info into spoiler tags so it'll automatically be compacted and a click away from being expanded and viewed by those that need or want to, but skipped by anyone that doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBombs View Post
I shut off carcrews and I'm having very few problems, some crashes but looking at the logs I suspect they're do to just my system being silly. I spent about a half hour just strolling through middle park with the time and weather set at 8 PM and cloudy. It was beautiful, the lights of the city glinting on the water, muzzle flashes in the dark, pools of blood and the lovely ambiance of gunfire and explosions.

Awesome.

I've been completely rewriting the car crews stuff this time into an OO based system using a few patterns. I have garbage collection working MUCH, much better now as a result as well as general stability with crews and a much more complex set of random options for the crews as far as where they spawn and what they do, so it creates a much deeper sense of action in the city, especially when 2 crews with blazing window guns comes screaming past down the road with a cop car in tow behind it screaming over the speaker at them.

There are still some nagging stability issues I've not fully isolated yet however it now appears its more related to my projection ahead / behind code where there may be times it is returning invalid coordinates but that's a guess at the moment. I have to finish adding debug information so I can see if that's true or not and do something about it.

There's also an odd crash that happens even though both scripts have finished their ticks which puts it entirely outside of the ambient wars code so not sure about that one.

Lot going on here in RL though including moving so updates have slowed to a crawl because of RL workload but I am trying to keep making progress on this when I'm able.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention I've added a new exclusions list file for the crews to prevent certain vehicles from being used. These included by default now all cop cars, service vehicles, boats and airborne craft. When crew logic ticks and picks a ride if it's not in the exclusions list it'll use it otherwise it'll simply skip to next cycle. This makes it much more realistic since now there aren't crews riding around in ambulances and cop cars.

Last edited by Ironhide; 11-09-2009 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote