View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009   #12
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinWijland View Post
Hi,

Two weeks ago i've treated myself on a new PC. The "old" one was two years old. It was getting a bit slow for some games. I played GTA 4 on it, but it always runs stuck and all.

So i've installed my brand new fast PC, and installed GTA 4. Ran all the updates. It runs very smoothly and the details are high, no problems.. well there are, sometimes the screen is blackish, and i have to adjust the settings to look normal. Not a very big deal.

The big deal is that after 10 minutes, or sometimes half an hour or an hour the game just freezes.
First I see the textures "falling behind" and after a few seconds the game freezes.(The video card temperature is not high) Sometimes I can close the program with Task manager, sometimes it's so worse that I have to turn my PC off. What the hell? I've got a good PC and still i have problems, I can't even play normal? Can anyone help? Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q8300 (S775, 4x2.5GHz, 4MB, 1333MHz FSB)
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-CM
Memory: Kingston 4 GB, DDR2, 800 mhz
Video Card: Ati HD4850, 1024 MB, DDR3
In an attempt to actually try and get the damn game working properly on my computer, I found this thread. I am having EXACTLY the same problem. Every detail you mentioned is exactly what happens with my game.

My PC's specs;
Processor: AMD 4800+ x2
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Video card: 1GB ATI 4670
Mobo: MSI k9vgm

Considering we're having the same problem and the only hardware we have that's even made by the same company is the graphics card, I suspect the problem lies with the graphics drivers. I'm using the Steam version, and judging from your posts, you have the DVD version?

Did you have any luck with R* support?

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote