| 02-07-2009 || #4 |
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Los Angeles
We have summarized some of the more interesting points for you to skim over, although the GameTrailers TV episode is really worth a watch if you're interested in The Lost and Damned:
- All of Liberty City is unlocked from the start of the story.
- In terms of new dialogue and story, The Lost and Damned is roughly 1/3 the size of GTA IV.
- The story doesn't necessarily start at the same time Niko arrives in Liberty City, but there are definitely intersections with GTA IV's story at certain points.
- The video clips provided the first look at one of the new weapons available in The Lost and Damned - the grenade launcher (pictured to the right).
- Since Johnny is part of a motorcycle gang and has more skill on a bike than Niko, some of the handling on motorbikes has changed as well as how easy or hard it is to crash.
- Riding in formation within a gang logo that appears on the road will trigger dialogue, give you a health boost, and also allow for some other perks.
- In one mission you get to ride with Malc on his bike and ward off the cops as he drives you to a safe zone.
- One of the new mini-games will be arm wrestling.
- Like Niko, Johnny can find dates online or go on a date with his "old lady."
- There will be a lot of close-quarter combat in mission and the new weapons, especially the sawn-off shotgun, accomodate this new combat style.
- You'll be able to play the GTA IV mission "Buyer's Market" from Johnny's perspective. The "Museum Piece" mission is another likely storyline intersection.
- There are other new vehicles in addition to the new bikes.
- One fan theory about the second DLC stating that the main character will be Louis from the "Museum Piece" mission (because the Xbox 360 achievement is called "Impossible Trinity," with the three characters being Niko, Johnny, and Louis) was noted by the Rockstar employee as "interesting."