As most of you know, the new GTA IV patch released yesterday by Rockstar Games caused nearly all mods to stop working. The main compatibility problems were with MagicIV and the ASI Loader. Today new tools were released to allow for the modding of v126.96.36.199:
- GTA IV Magic Patcher: GTA IV v188.8.131.52 no longer requires you to keep copies of all the game's original files. The new version of the Magic Patcher simply comes with a filelist.pak file which you must use in place of the original. Feel free to delete all your .magic files!
- GTA IV ASI Loader: this tool works with v184.108.40.206 now. It comes with just one DLL file which you need to put in your root GTA IV directory. You need this tool to run any script mods that come as ASI or DLL files.
- XLiveLess 0.94b: works with both v220.127.116.11 and v18.104.22.168 of GTA IV. If you used XLiveLess for your savegames, they will all be completely functional again once you install this new version.
- SparkIV 0.6.0: works with v22.214.171.124 and also allows you to preview and export audio files.
One other caveat to these updates is that all ASI mods need to be updated too in order to run with the game's new format. Fortunately, aru has released a new version of his C++ Script Hook, and ASI mod makers should be updating their files very soon.
For all those interested in my mods, I have already updated to aru's new script hook. Find the updates below (keep in mind that these will probably not work with older versions of GTA IV. I don't have the energy to support every single version, so once a new version comes out, there's no going back!):
- GTA IV Bodyguard Mod: along with update for the ASI Loader, I removed the default MP5 for each guard. If you want to perform drive-by's you'll have to spawn guards with the appropriate weapons.
- Car Bomber Mod: along with the update for the ASI Loader, I removed the bomb model due to some users experiencing an odd crash. This means that Niko will not produce a bomb in his hand, he'll just appear to touch the bottom of the car.
- Ride Along Mod: along with the update for the ASI Loader, I added "smart entry" so that Niko will only enter empty passenger seats. If every seat is full he'll just pull out the front passenger and sit there.
- Touch of Death: a newly uploaded mod that blows up the nearest car when you press F1.
Also for all three of my mods linked above - they will all load each time the game loads. That means when you load in singleplayer, multiplayer, after the video editor the mod will also load every time.
Here are some mods by other authors that have already been updated to work with GTA IV v126.96.36.199: