Thread: DLC
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008   #28
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2657canes View Post
Do you really think Microsoft paid 50 million for something that only the hardcore fans would care about??? The only way to reach casual GTA gamers is by making this reaching, and with that figure, 50 million, its going to be far more than "side missions".

Think about it. $50 million (I said 10 my mistake) is not a small matter. Where do you get this 3/4 of the fanbase figure from? The game has sold almost 2:1 on the 360 versus PS3. I have both systems, and am not turning this into a console argument. 50 Million is more than most games (including many hits) entire BUDGETS. From all early indications, the DLC has been touted with one word: EPISODIC. This does not apply to cars and ancillary crap that could've been released a month after release. They have to tune the story, script the missions, etc. etc. MS would not throw away 50 million on DLC exclusivity for new leisure suits and cars and the 500th variation of a deathmatch and random stuff that amounts to nothing in the storyline. Im telling you: new character or existing with a larger role, more missions, with parallel storyline elements.

You're fooling yourself if you honestly think that its going to be something small or throwaway. More missions with another character is hardly saying its going to be a brand new game. Its still going to run on the same engine, and I would assume that it would fit in the context of Niko's story.

You're absolutely insane if you think MS spent $50 million for clothes, cars, multiplayer modes, and silly side missions that add virtually nothing to the game itself. 99% of GTA's fanbase play for the storyline. They're advertising this as an expansion pack, expansion packs aren't miniscule addons. Expansion packs also don't equal other games. They're extensions of the original game.

Who said its was going to be 4000 pts? 1600 pts probably at the most. They're not going to give it away.
I'm not foolish I'm realistic, rather downplay it than overhype it. I do think you're putting way too much faith into the DLC, hell, Microsoft have already earned that back, yes 50 Mil is a lot, but to Microsoft, it's spare change, the amount of people who bought an Xbox and the 360 version of GTA has probably already earned them that money back. The Money and getting Rockstar to just say the 360 will have some extra stuff alone is enough to spread it across the web, media, etc, to convert some certain unsure buyers to get the 360 version.

I'll just put this to you, let's wait and see ok? I'm going to ask you to stop spreading hype though, hype hurt GTA IV a lot as to some people the game was overhyped by themselves and others and resulted in GTA IV being a big disapointment and thinking it's the shittest game ever, etc.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote