View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008   #45
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifa View Post
A pc gta iv special edition would be cool, like the one released for the consoles.

About the piracy stuff... it's a tough one. Hopefully people will think before clicking on that "download" button. It really hurts the industry and specially the gamer in the end. I mean, look at some of those game out there and the types of copy protection they use. Some of them don't even allow the gamer to play the game purchased if they detect the slightest hint of "strange" computer software installed.
I has to pay da bilz
I has to buyz da foods
I has to works my bum off

So yes i though about it, I'll still save my 60 euros for creature comforts.

Hurts the industry? Yes, they lose about 60k sells and at the apex millions of babies will die. Hurt the gamer? If they refuse to sell it anymore on PC and go console wise, we can just continue from there. They aren't safe, anything can be cracked. Anything.

Copy protection? I don't know which game your playing, but I'm going to say you've probably installed NetNanny 6. I've been playing PC games all my life and haven't encountered something that did that.

Strange computer software? If you had Daemon Tools and Y.A.S.U. running to cover up the fake emulated drive, you can surely expect it to set off a few alarms with SecuROM.

They can try to install rootkits if they want, but they have publicity so bad they'll have to shovel their heads out of their assholes to continue.

I've seen a few companies do this, and in a week or less they either apologized and supplied a removal for it or the community provided one that worked even better. Take Sony for example, tried to rootkit customers and they got royally fucked in the end.