Thread: DLC
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008   #20
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2657canes View Post
You'd be 100% wrong in what you read. MS didnt pay Rockstar $10 million (more than the budget of Assassins Creed alone) just for "weapons, modes, and randoms". They've clearly stated MULTIPLE times, its episodic.

There will be more missions -- this is a certainty. The most likely scenario is a brand new character (obv not Niko) that has a parallel storyline (probably not as long as Nikos, but still no small matter) in Liberty City. I dont expect new places or things like that, but I do expect missions and storyline stuff, but it will be someone other than Niko. Maybe someone we've already met, maybe not.

It will also never be on PS3. Its not like MS paid chump change for this addons exclusivty, which is essentially what its going to be. The early rumor is that it will be a 2 to 3 GB download (1600 pts cost) and will provide minimum 10 hours more gameplay. $10 Million in the gaming world is like $100 million in the film world. Its more than the budget of many well known and successful games. This is one of the main reasons they're launching the 60 GB Pro model when they are, so theres enough consoles launched when the DLC is released, and when Netflix streaming goes live w/ the fall update. The onlyplace I could foresee this showing up is on the PC version a year or two down the line when they launch a "GOTY" version or something similar. It will be on no other console other than the 360.

It will be the biggest test for MS in terms of Add-Ons, as they've never had anything this expansive before. This is also exactly why it was pushed from the original proposed release date, because Rockstar was not ready yet and nothing like this has been done on this scale before.

Use your brains. If it was something as miniscule as weapons, a mode or two, and random crap, it would've been out already and no one would not care and they would not describe it as episodic. This launch is expected to be the biggest XBox Live launch in history, more than anything that they've ever had on Live before.
Dude dude DUDE, ok, one, you're really over hyping this, I find the best approach is to not expect much and then be surprised rather than to expect God and be constantly disapointed. Two, I can easily see the Episodic content to mean more side missions like Random Characters, Assassination Missions, Little Various tasks around the city. Why you ask? Do you think Rockstar are going to restrict themselves, piss off half their fanbase which in turn will lose them more money? If you're expecting a whole new game through DLC then YOU ARE going to be disapointed. Also, they really should not charge much for this, at least have some free DLC along side big packages cause I'll be honest, I rarely get MS Points, I'm not going to spend 35 getting 4,000 Points just so I can play an add on for a game I already bought, if anything that too would piss off the fans, infact the more I look at this, it would be better if it's small, because if it was big, then they're going to piss off pretty much three quarters of the fanbase! The only ones who Will be happy and the Xbox Fanboys.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote