View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008   #24
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimo View Post
They have?
Last time I checked they released XP SP3 because Vista failed.
And if they want Vista to succeed as fast as possible then why did they start development for windows 7 so soon? It's expected to be released 2009 - 2010.

The thing is.
Their first XP runner up was going to be Windows: Blackbomb (Codename), they discontinued that and went for Vista.
Now after the Vista history we all know, they picked up Blackbomb again to develop that to the new Windows 7

On topic: I'll wait for an official announcement before I believe or disbelief anything
'Blackcomb' never technically existed. It was always just a codename for the idea of what would succeed XP - there was no actual code or anything relating to it. Microsoft's idea turned out to be too ambitious to be turned into an actual project so Longhorn (Vista) was started as the successor of XP.

The reason why the codename Blackcomb is associated with the upcoming Windows Vienna (Windows 7) is because now those ambitions they had 8 or so years ago are no longer over-ambitious and could actually be a reality.

Also, they didn't release XP SP3 "because Vista failed". If you remember, they have actually released 2 service packs for Windows 2000 after XP was released. Did they consider XP to be a failure? Of course not, it's the world's most successful and popular OS to date.

But anyway, as far as this thread goes;

Normally I'd take something like this with a pinch of salt. It could be that ESRB just assumed there was going to be a port of it for PC for all we know and got it wrong. Or, it could be genuine, you would have thought ESRB would be too professional to make silly assumptions like that.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote