View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008   #146
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
nah SA was released on ps2 in october 04 and pc and xbox in june 05.saints row was released august 06 i belive. i dont see how saints row fixed or expanded on anything from SA... it was just a new game in the same boat: sandbox. I read the perfect review/comparison of SR and GTA on this site, explaining how both games complement each other. this is true

Saints row isnt a rip off IMO, its just another sandbox game. i think its a really good start to the series. are you saying any game where you are a crimanal in a open world that can shoot peds and jack cars will be a gta clone/rip off? no they wont be. GTA sparked a new type of game called sandbox games. its just like back when DOOM came out, people said any other fps that wasnt doom was a doom clone, years later the fps game was born basicly... i see this for Sandbox games
Ok, let me quote the Saint's Row trailer:

"If the Grand Theft Auto series lit a fire under the a** of the action genre, then Saint's Row burns the whole damn house."

They were obviously aiming for a blatant GTA rip-off. Or, how would you like it better-phrased? Action Genre rip-off?

Please learn to use your inference skills.