View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008   #25
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
The taxi missions in IV are watered down pieces of shit, only vigilante missions are of note. That's pathetic. What positives? Taxi's are a bad thing about IV. I started to take the taxi more than I drove because the map was entirely too big. For a game called Grand Theft Auto, that should be uncalled for. Little Jacob's car route was mostly out of my way 95% of the times. I preferred it when the cities were far smaller, and it only took a few seconds to get to an ammunation and I didn't have to rely on an unreliable car service to bring me guns. And what's the point of car bombs if majority of the missions are scripted and I have little use for car bombs? I mostly didn't even need gang members with me in IV.

We focus on the negatives because the rewards in IV are mostly shit. Why should I micromanage relationships once I get them at 100% to keep these abilities anyways? In the older ones, once you had an ability, you had it forever. No bullshit.
Again with the negatives, talk about having a one side view. The Vigilante missions are much improved over the old system, dare I say it, I like having to look up the computer and choose what crime I want to tackle, if I just want some quick money, street walkers are an easy target, if I want a challenge, I'll choose the getaway drivers or drug deals going down because they put up a fight, having the choice to choose what you go after is a real breath of life compared to previous GTA games where you HAD to do 12 mission in a row and HAD to do what they said.

You say Taxis are a bad thing, yet you use them because you complain the map is too big? Yet you prefer the San Andreas map? Seriously if that isn't trolling I don't know what is, I have no way to answer that, The city is too big? Boo hoo, it's barely a 1/5th the size of New York, San Fiero and Las Venturas in San Andreas were piss pathetic poor and extremely small, if you prefer them then you're really going against the flow because they were terrible. I'd rather have one huge city than one medium sized city and two pathetic small ones.

A few seconds to get to Ammunation? Depends where you are, there are guns shops in GTA IV too, do you not count those because they don't have huge neon signs out front saying "AMMU-Nation"? I can't speak for everyone, but Taxi and Guns are services that I abuse in GTA IV, I always need to keep my guns loaded and have Body Armour on, and Taxi just in case I want to skip across the map in seconds. I fail to see how it's "Unreliable" when it's always worked for me.

Once friends are at 100%, when they call you, accept, then cancel, there, nothing hard, you don't lose % and you can abuse the services all or as little as you want. Apart from what I've said, you're extremely confused, I'd put you down as a Troll or just someone who is extremely negative about everything in GTA IV.