View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008   #23
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb

That was pretty good. If you feel up to making another one tho... I have an idea.

In the other thread about how the SR2 trailer is taking a shot at GTA4, I posted the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
Alright, let's break down the trailer.

-Stealing a septic truck and spraying peds.
Kind of like a firetruck with the hose... which has been around since GTA3. But it's poo! It's DIFFERENT AND SICK!

-Throwing bodies
This is one thing that IS actually different. Kind of out there to chuck a body 15 feet like that but whatever. It's a game.

-Dress up like a cop and rob a liquor store
Vice City.

-Streak in public
Ok, your character has no clothes and you run around? WOW that'll be entertaining for 5 - 10 minutes.

-Cage fighting
Fighting in a ring. Ok, not seeing the fun here. I can street fight anywhere, right? I guess you earn money that way?

-Run security for local celebs
That looked like a cutscene from a mission. Again, Vice City w/ Lovefist.

-Base jumping
San Andreas

-Car surfing
Every GTA since 3, but these guys actually made it part of the game.

-Trail blaze and demoliton derbys
Vice and SA again

-Flying
SA

Summed up, it's all the best parts of GTA ripped into one game with some unoriginal extras. Awesome, THQ. Awesome.
You could take clips from the other GTA's and match them up with the SR2 trailer!

Example: Show monster trucks and ATVs from San Andreas, then show the clip from the SR2. Car surfing in GTA, then show SR2. Firetruck in GTA, septic in SR2. You get the idea.

The overall theme could be "Saints Row 2. Been there, GTA'ed that."