View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008   #18
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
You are forgetting this is a sandbox game, not an action game that happens to take place in a big world. In GTAIII, VC and SA you could do all of this: rob houses, pimping missions, gun shooting machines at the gun shops, taxi missions, ambulance missions, vigilante missions, fire ambulance, pizza delivery, character customization, car customization, gang turf wars, gambling, property, house/apartment buying, driving and boat school among other thing to toy around with like jets, jetpacks, numerous weapons that aren't in IV. On top of this, doing each side mission rendered you a reward, whether it be fireproof via beating the firetruck missions, or something cool at your safehouse via every 10 hidden packages/tiki's you collect.

So yes, you are missing something. The amount of content removed from previous GTA's in IV is ridiculous, unwarranted, and entirely nonsensical.
I actually agree with you on this. But I'm not going to "rebel" against Rockstar and go to a rival game because of the little things like that. Instead, I'll just play other games. MGS4 is coming, and I also want to buy GRID, Ninja Gaiden II, skate (old but who cares) and other games coming at the end of the year (GeOW2, Resistance 2, Motorstorm PR, etc). There's a shitload of games coming for both 360 and PS3 and as great as GTA IV, it DID get stale at the end because of the lack of all the stuff mentioned above. But you can't doubt the game too much, it is what it is. Hopefully we'll see some of the things we love added back in the next GTA.