View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008   #39
NamAim1991

NamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really nice
LONG POST

Haha, it's incredible how many of the posts in this are irellivent (sp). I get what you're trying to say Neil (though the first post is a bit misleading). Just with most other games, getting it without a reservation isn't too hard. You may wait a week or so, but it's not so bad. You just have to scope for them a bit more.

Also, I don't get all the Wii bashing here. I don't own one, but I think they're pretty cool. I agree that a GTA on the Wii is completely plausible, and if marketed well, could be a smash hit.

Quote:
Anyone know if the gta advance game sold well. That would give you a glue on how a gta game will fit a Nintendo Console
GTA Advance was COMPLETELY underadvertised (and underappreciated imo). To use that as a basis of comparison wouldn't really make sense. You'd be making a generalization about Nintendo when really, poor sales were at fault due to poor advertising. Plus it came out the day GTA: San Andreas came out. SA got A LOT of hype. When you have a huge technical marvel pitted against a simple (but fun) GTA1-esque game, what would you pick? And besides, the Wii is not the GBA.

GTA on Wii could be pretty cool, It wouldn't be anything like GTAIV, but that doesn't mean it would not be "next gen". The Wii may not be "next gen" if all you look at is power and graphics, but it offers some novel ideas to gameplay. And isn't Rockstar all about novel ideas?

My 2 cents.
NamAim1991 is offline   Reply With Quote