View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008   #9
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Right, let me explain this a bit more. The most popular games console in the UK at the moment is Nintendo Wii. Two games this year have seen pretty much every online retailer stick up their notices about "unprecedented demand", "sold out for day one" and suchlike, yet come the day, most real stores had plenty of stock to go around.

IGNORNING WHETHER YOU LIKE WII, ITS GAMES OR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT, you need to realise that it is popular, just like GTA. Look at the chart. It's DOMINATED by Wii exclusive games, or versions of older games which have been released on Wii recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweets View Post
I had a wii, then i sold it.. Worst gaming system ever in my opinion.. nothing but minigame after minigame. "HEY GUYS LOOK AT MY SLIGHTLY OVERCLOCKED GAMECUBE!!! IT HAS MOTION SENSOR CONTROLLER !!! OOOOH" Stupid Gimick kids console.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Sorry Neil, but this thread is pointless. It has absolutely NO affect on GTA. OK concept but the whole Wii and games included is a shit console.
And going a bit off topic here, but you need to try Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy before you pass judgement. Yes, the graphics are shit, yes, the online modes are a bit poo, but on a gameplay front, things are really looking up. I'm confident we'll see a GTA game on Wii some time in the future too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
Wii Fit...biggest game launch of the year? Are you fucking kidding me.
No, I didn't say the biggest, I said one of the biggest. This game is going to be top of the UK chart next week, guaranteed.

Anyway, if these two Wii games are making retailers say "sold out" and then magically have plenty of stock, then there's definitely going to be plenty of stock of GTA IV next week, even though they are doing exactly the same thing in the GTA case. If you don't have a preorder, you really have nothing to worry about. That was the point of this thread.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote