View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008   #25
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if this email is fake, I figured I'd post some replies to the certain parts of the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Thompson View Post
...whose most popular video games are the Grand Theft Auto murder simulator games banned in some countries but sold to children here.
Murder simulator, eh? I would call GTA many things, but simulator is NOWHERE on that list.

Quote:
...I would encourage you either to play this game or have an adroit video gamer play it for you. Some of the latter gamers are on death row, so try to find one out in the civilian population who hasn’t killed someone yet.
Does this mean anyone who plays GTA is on death row? Hmm, guess all of my friends and I (along with the people on this forum) never got that memo.

Quote:
Experts note that the recent plethora of cop killings is caused in part by your darling son’s entrepreneurial energy. There are three policemen dead in Alabama because of Grand Theft Auto.
Dead because of GTA? Hmmm...well if these 'kids' did play GTA, who allowed it in the house in the first place? The parents? Oh, silly me, that's right, Take 2 did it. They just strolled up to their homes and put them at gunpoint until they "trained" themselves on it.

Quote:
Is there a Ted Bundy merit badge? If so, your loving son deserves one now. It should be red and green, for obvious reasons.
Jack Thompson should be arrested simply for talkin down on Ted Bundy. I also never realized Ted Bundy had anything to do with shooting cops and pedestrians...

Quote:
Any kid can go right to little Strauss’ corporate web site and buy GTA IV with no age verification.
Dang, Jack, that's a great point you bring up there. I only have one quesion: Where do they get the credit card info so they can actually pay for the game?

Quote:
Strauss is even marketing the new Grand Theft Auto IV on World Wrestling Entertainment tv shows seen by millions of kids.
Yep, and it's all Take 2's fault. Not the TV channel's fault, nor the wrestling federation's fault. 100% Take 2. Oh, and I'm glad to see you're not a hypocritical asshole....oh wait.

Quote:
There’s another mother you would do well to talk to. Mrs. Crump in Alabama had a son who was a police officer. He’s now dead because a teenaged boy unwittingly trained himself to kill him on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
I'm sure the teenaged boy just walked up the street holding out a rocket launcher, instantly switched to an AK47, hit the L1 button for auto aim, then clicked R1 to shoot.
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote