Vice City Online - The Newest Online Modification for GTA: Vice City
I. What exactly is Vice City Online?
Vice City Online is the newest online modification which is known to be in active development for GTA
ice City - the PC version. The project was originated back in mid-2007 by Xtreme, the lead developer of the project. Vice City Online was inspired by Xtreme's forboding passion for Vice City's storyline and exclusive features. This modification is designed to be the greatest online modification out there for GTA: Vice City.
II. What are Vice City Online's main features?
Many cool and desperate features are included in Vice City Online; a brief summary of some:
The above list will be updated as new features are completed.
III. Function List
(This section will be filled in as the release date nears for Vice City Online)
IV. Further Information
- • A built in LUA scripting engine to further customize Vice City Online.
• Over 200 scripting functions in the first release with handlers to prevent game and server crashes.
• Over 30 scripting callbacks in the first release.
• An easy command processor without parsing strings to get parameters of input.
• Support for a server with 100 players.
• A unique server browser.
• A windows and linux server, which has been tested on Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Ubuntu Linux, Debian Linux, and openSuse Linux systems.
• An ingame scoreboard with scriptable columns.
• A text wrapped chat box and chat input box.
• A dynamic object system (supporting 200 global objects, and 100 local objects).
• A dynamic vehicle system. (supporting up to 200 vehicles [currently])
• Synchronized foot / planes / helicopters / boats / weapons / turrets / hunters / sea sparrows/ sirens / initial radio stations upon entering a vehicle.
• Synchronized time and weather.
• Scripting examples illustrating the capabilities of Vice City Online.
• Scriptable static actors to place throughout the city. (100 max. supported)
• Special actor skins / Tommy Vercetti skins / Pedestrian skins supported.
• Scriptable spawn selection system where you can create spawn classes (with the names of the class scripted wtih a RGB value) and add spawn members with 3 weapons to any class. (20 classes supported with 50 members max. per class)
• Scriptable and synchronized player animations.
• Scriptable dynamic local and global checkpoints / markers with corresponding enter and exit events (50 local markers / 100 global markers supported at a time).
• A streamed vehicle blip system.
Site is having Problems atm working on it
Also Hi To All the GTA Gaming Members
For more information on this modification, including screenshots (main website and on the forums), videos, and news, please visit VCO's website at: www.vc-o.com
If you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, VCO has an IRC channel at: irc.gtanet.com
If you don't have an IRC client, use this link: http://www.vc-o.com/irc.htm