I've got an F reg Mk2 Fiesta, haven't got a pic of my one, but it's pretty much the same as this one;
Except mine isn't an XR2, it's a "Firefly" which is a weird mix between the Ghia and the XR2 (limited edition released just before the Mk3 Fiesta was released).
Despite being >19 years old, it only has 39k on the clock and can still reach 110+mph.
Manual shift, of course
Btw, I've taken the liberty of modifying your post a bit cyrix;
Originally Posted by cyrix
1. It has VERY good gas mileage for an american sports car with a 7 litre engine--of this caliber.--
--2. It can hang easily with lambo's on a track with little effort.-- Do you drive on a track to get to work each morning?
3. It handles VERY well. - Can't say I've ever driven one, I won't comment on that.
4. For the performance you're getting, you'd end up paying out the ASS for some other european car in the same class.
The "old stereotypes" that the rest of the world has for American cars is still very true;
- They use WAAAY too much petrol - After some googling, I've found that the Z06 tends to run at <20mpg. **
- Their engines are VERY badly engineered - You should not need a 7 litre V8 for that sort of performance
** for those of you who are used to this number for a mpg stat, my car gets about 50mpg if I try
to burn more fuel (driving with higher revs etc). Regular driving puts my car at about 60-65mpg. Granted my car isn't a sports car. But still, for most people's driving needs, it's got more than enough grunt to sit in rush-hour traffic.