View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007   #32
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkComputer
Rock* seems to think they're aloud to parody people, but The Simpsons aren't allowed to parody them. Which is hypocricy.
When I first read the article that's exactly what I thought, but Rockstar never complained before at any other parodies. This one puts the product in a bad light which it is already in in some ways.

Quote:
It's so easy to go around killing, that it is clearly the purpose of the game.
That statement doesn't follow any logic. It's easy for me to throw my shoes in the bin, but that's not the point of owning shoes.

Quote:
GTA gives you guns/cars/tanks/choppers and lets you out into the free-world. & you're telling me Rock* didn't think that people would go out killing people.
Ofcourse I'm not saying they didn't think of that. That's what makes GTA fun, the option to muck around however you want. But just because the game has the option doesn't mean it requires or encourages it or is based on it.

Quote:
The whole game is centered around killing, stealing, and shooting. It's a free-roaming shoot-em-up. Sorry man, but there is no way around it, it just is all about killing. I havn't got a problem with it. But it's dogmatic to say it isn't. It's not like it's difficult to kill people, and it's clearly encouraged.
Stealing and shooting aren't killing, that's not on the agenda.

If you view GTA as a shoot em up then that must be the way you play it. I pretty much only shoot when it's required to pass a mission or on the occasional muck around session, because I find shooters dull and shooting the least appealing part of GTA. I think now this is opinion territory.

Quote:
Besides, whether you're killing a cop, gang member, or a ped, you're still killing.
That I agree with, they're just labels.

You: GTA is a slaugter fest and the simpsons game should be allowed to portray it as one, as a parody.
Me: GTA isn't based purely on killing and GTA doesn't need to give people a reason that it is.
Is that about right?

One last thing: I didn't personally have a problem the with Grand Theft Scratchy thing, it's something we as GTA players can laugh at, but people ignorant of GTA will just have the idea that's it's an uber violent massacre reinforced.