OXM September 07 - cover story
Mostly old info but...
- Francis McCreary, a corrupt police officer, knows that Nikko committed a felony and instead of turning him in, he asks Nikko for a favor. he wants him to kill a lawyer, Mr. Goldberg (this could lead to a bigger part of the story)
- cell phones play a big part in GTA IV. it's one of the main ways to navigate through the city.
- it's "rumored" that a flamethrower and rocket launcher will be in the game.
- you'll access multiplayer from your cell phone while playing the game.
- you can go to internet cafes. in one particular mission, Nikko sent a resume over the internet to the people he's about to kill.
- if you ride in a cab as a way to get to wherever you're going, it switches to first person view.
- the A.I. of the pedestrians are much, much more life like. for example, if you stare at someone for to long, they'll ask you what you're looking at, in a not so very nice way.
- you will be able to visit the "Statue of Happiness" aka the Statue of Liberty.
- the 9/11 terrorist attacks and Ground Zero will not be mentioned nor referenced anywhere in GTA IV.
- the wanted level system has been tweaked a bit. now instead of just getting wanted stars, a radius appears around you, which you can see on your mini map when you commit a crime such as killing in the open, etc. the more stars you get, the bigger the radius is. once you're out of the radius the wanted stars will disappear. if you're close to being out of the radius and a police officer spots you, a new radius will appear at your current position and you'll have to continue running until you're out of the new radius.
- you'll be able to hotwire "certain" cars. now when you hijack a car, Nikko will smash his elbow through a window instead of just throwing the person out and jumping in the car.
This really sucks. I was hoping that they'd reference 9/11 and shit on the idiots who use the tragedy for their own gain and sympathy. The game won't be bad with its absence, but it's certainly disappointing.