| 07-12-2007 || #1 |
Join Date: Aug 2004
GTA IV just being demo'd in the Take2 conference at E3 2007
The conference just took place through 8 AM - 9 AM (PDT).
Don't expect to be any image or video of the game to be out at this moment, but here's how the story progressed.
Wired blog network
- The demo started off with a black menu screen, which is likely a temporary version, as is much of the user interface.
- The menu listed, from left to right, 'map', 'game', 'brief', 'stats', 'controls', 'audio' and 'display'.
- Niko Bellic was in a replica of Times Square, which is Star Junction.
- Trademark map icon in the corner.
- It was night time and the hours started to pass, drawing out the sun and showing off the HDR lighting, which was very realistic.
- The traffic and most other AI characters were turned off, so it was hauntingly empty.
- He strutted around for a bit, and then stole a car which happens to be a black Lincoln Continental-lookalike.
- 40s/50s era jazz is playing softly in the background, over the car's radio.
- About a minute and a half into the demo, the sun was starting to peek over the building tops, revealing the details at street level - trash cans, incidental objects and all manner of bottles, newspapers and more.
- The camera was fixed 15 feet behind the bar and a little above.
- Lighting looked fantastic, textures looking solid and rugged.
- Frame rate was a bit jumpy, but level of detail in landscape was greater than Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Niko pulled up to the docks under the "Broker Bridge" as the sun rose. The light played on the water, and then started illuminating the city behind him.
- Clouds above Liberty City light up, with planes flying through them.
- Clouds kept lighting up as Niko called up his buddy to "get some firepower".
Last edited by Asif; 07-12-2007 at 10:13 PM..