View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007   #20
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
This isn't just a step above ragdoll, I would say. I, for some reason, think this is the best that will ever happen in virtual reality. I don't see that in the future, someone will succeed in making a 3D model that has a real nervous system as a human body. Why? Because even robots aren't yet similar to humans. And to make a 3D model that acts like any human would is nearly impossible... you see how the Euphoria engine acts? It's still not the real human reaction, but it's a revolution in a ragdoll reaction. Although ragdolls aren't stiff, you could say they are judging how they act in Euphoria engine (they are somewhat "loose") and that makes you think they have a nerve system, but actually, they are just more loose than regular ragdolls and they are animated so you can get some kind of feeling they are aware of what they're doing. Maybe, just maybe, someday people will invent 3D models that have their own mind and know how to react to it's ambient. Until then, I would just like to see something as good as this implanted in any game, mostly GTA IV!

Last edited by Antonio Montana; 03-01-2007 at 02:00 PM..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote