GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Dan Houser's favourite GTA IV random moment (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99722)

Asif 02-14-2008 07:14 AM

Dan Houser's favourite GTA IV random moment

Well, it's nothing big. Vice President of R* is sharing his favorite random moment (which he terms as 'defining moment') from the game. It gives a good idea on the work with AI.

Quote:

There are so many defining moments, but a recent one was during a police chase. A song I love came on one of the radio stations while I had two cop cars chasing me through chinatown. I was speeding along when another cop car I hadn't seen rammed me straight on, our cars crunched together, and I was sent flying through the windshield. I ducked into cover and could still hear the song playing from my smashed-up car. Then the cops opened fire, but one of them hit a pedestrian who pulled out his gun and started shooting. The next thing I know, there was a full-scale war going on between a random gang and the cops. Within a few seconds all the cops were dead and the gang members walked away. I got hold of another car and quietly drove out of the search area to lose my wanted level.
http://kotaku.com/356371/favorite-gta-iv-random-moment

.:nemesis:. 02-14-2008 07:16 AM

So no more cops will turn up if your not doing anything wrong, cool.

Thanks Asif ;)

smoking12 02-14-2008 07:22 AM

So the ped is in a gang or the gang people helped out? because the cops ran over ped, and then he pulled out his gun then they said they had gang war.

Zidane 02-14-2008 07:30 AM

Ha, that's freaking sick. I can't wait!

Duke Lion 02-14-2008 07:35 AM

hmm.. I'm sure this was in one of the newest previews.. Cool none the less.

Thundercracker 02-14-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoking12 (Post 1737525)
So the ped is in a gang or the gang people helped out? because the cops ran over ped, and then he pulled out his gun then they said they had gang war.

The cop accidentally shot a pedestrian, who then proceeded to return fire.

Cutts 02-14-2008 08:42 AM

Kind of like in True Crime it seems. This is so awesome!

Havok 02-14-2008 11:56 AM

that sounds so fucking rediculously cool.
I'm not sure how I feel about them just "walking away"
but whatever.
sounds good enough.

EDIT: Holy shit, I'm past 1000 posts?!

Pablo Escobar Jr. 02-14-2008 12:02 PM

Oh man, the fact that he could still hear the song playing through the smashed windshield got me so excited.

DJ Nick 02-14-2008 12:34 PM

Every last detail of this game makes me want to play it more.
Plus, its funny to know that the creators of the game play the game just for moments like that. Shows that they love to have fun too :D

The Shy Child. 02-14-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar Jr. (Post 1737638)
Oh man, the fact that he could still hear the song playing through the smashed windshield got me so excited.

Yeah, that is a really cool feature. It will be cool to keep the radio on but turn the engine off, that will be good to do if you need to wait until the right time to start the mission, I know you can do this because a magazine said that in a preview that you could open the door on the car with one button and start the engine with another, I think it also said that you could unlock and lock the cars you have keys to, so thats a pretty cool thing to have in GTA IV with the new improved AI in the peds that try and steal your cheetah or infernus or even your civilian patriot.

I like the sound of the gang versus the cops thing because that sounds handy if you are in a area of LC that's full of triads, all you do is run behind a group of triads and the cop will shoot at you and the triads get caught in the crossfire, and who do you think will win, a group of 5 or 6 triads or 2 police officers, and all you did was pull out your gun.

CB 02-14-2008 01:54 PM

Makes me wonder where Niko would hide his gun. Surely, if they're leaning towards realism, you won't be able to carry a whole arsenal at any one time. Maybe a pistol tucked in your trouser waist and a shotgun on your back/in your hand. Unless you stash them in the boot and you have to get out and open the boot to get them again.

Xan 02-14-2008 02:39 PM

And a review said he took a rocket launcher out of his pocket like in a cartoon, so it makes me doubt you'll be able to store bigger weapons and take them out realistically

ramsy66 02-14-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havok (Post 1737636)
but whatever.

What do you expect them to do? Do a dance or something?

Xan 02-14-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havok (Post 1737636)
but whatever.
sounds good enough.

EDIT: Holy shit, I'm past 1000 posts?!

All the cops died.

There were no reinforcements on the way.

He lost them outside the search area before they could spot him and call for backup.

also cocks