GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Plot Synopsis revealed (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99625)

victim 02-11-2008 03:36 AM

Plot Synopsis revealed

I just noticed the information section reveals the plot synopsis for GTA IV (The blurb on the back on the case).

Quote:

What does the American dream mean today?

For Niko Bellic, fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope that he can escape his past.

For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity.

As they slip into debt and are dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.

Yam Trigger 02-11-2008 04:08 AM

Why didn't I realise that, that was the plot synopsis when I first read it.
I like it though. It's very well worded.

Phil 02-11-2008 04:32 AM

i really like that there's no more "and take over the city"... that got old... but i still hope you'll be able to jack a nice car and store it in some garage, even though the garage belongs to a crappy apartment.

FG 02-11-2008 04:32 AM

Then the plot referenced, may mean in the end Niko & co. will find not so much great wealth, but other treasures. Like maybe Niko will hook up with a cool girl, an be truly happy, instead of 9 trillion dollars on the stats, in the menu section.

Jimmy_86 02-11-2008 05:01 AM

True since Dan Houser did say something about it being a rags to 'slightly better rags' story rather than becoming a millionaire.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam Trigger (Post 1735950)
Why didn't I realise that, that was the plot synopsis when I first read it.
I like it though. It's very well worded.

I didn't realise either but it makes sense.

Yam Trigger 02-11-2008 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1735954)
i really like that there's no more "and take over the city"... that got old... but i still hope you'll be able to jack a nice car and store it in some garage, even though the garage belongs to a crappy apartment.

Yeah. Everytime is was the same.
- "You've been betrayed and left for dead, now you're taking revenge."
- "His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself."
- "CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and take control of the streets."

I was really getting tired of reading about taking over the city.

smoking12 02-11-2008 07:25 AM

What does it mean slip in to debt for Roman? or Niko cause i want to be rewarded for missions.

Himuro 02-11-2008 07:50 AM

It doesn't say for Roman. it says they slip into debt, meaning, they both start to have money troubles.

Cutts 02-11-2008 07:51 AM

I think Roman is in debt with the Mafia. It would actually explain why hes getting chased and tortured in Trailer 3.

ZCAB 02-11-2008 07:53 AM

"Debt" doesn't only refer to money, you know.

Cutts 02-11-2008 07:54 AM

Good point ZCAB. I always wondered how he got the Taxi service.

Himuro 02-11-2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZCAB (Post 1736024)
"Debt" doesn't only refer to money, you know.

It does when using the word in that manner.

Cutts 02-11-2008 07:59 AM

Oh yeah, "slip into debt" usually refers to money. I think if it was anything else it would have been "indebted".

swallowed 02-11-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutts (Post 1736023)
I think Roman is in debt with the Mafia. It would actually explain why hes getting chased and tortured in Trailer 3.

I think I read somewhere that the Mafia were in the game but they don't have a big role in the storyline. So maybe they could be a part of a few missions or maybe they won't.

Also, thanks for spotting that out Victim.

smoking12 02-11-2008 09:43 AM

If he is in money debt he needs to sell his taxi place