GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview and new screenshots from Computerbild-Spiele magazine (German) (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99494)

Asif 02-06-2008 06:33 AM

Preview and new screenshots from Computerbild-Spiele magazine (German)

The 5-page preview contains some brand new screenshots and a new artwork. There should be new infos, I hope our German-speaking members would be helpful on this. :P

Summarized preview:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimmy (Post 1733910)

Like it basicly tells that when Niko first arrives to Liberty City he's pretty bummed about Roman being a fucking liar. So he just thinks he has to get the job done himself. Then he meets the Automechanic Brucie and they arrange a date wich Niko writes down on his uber kewl cell phone. But first he has to help some Mafia dudes, for whatever reason. The Italians want Niko to go kill some Police guy (who did them something wrong in the past I'm sure...). So he whips out his super cool cell phone and dials 911. A few squad cars appear shortly after and the police check out the scene while Niko STRAIGHT UP JACKS A POLICE CAR. He looks the guy up on the police computer and drives over to some building site. He uses a Lift from the building across and whips out a sniper rifle (out of his netherregions.. teehee).(the guy who wrote the preview said the view was so beautiful he almost cried). He looks through the sniper scope and OH SHIT there's a sniper on the other roof. Niko blasts the fool and the dude falls off onto a car. woop. Niko then gets attacked by some people and he hides behind some wood. But through the super cool new engine the wood doesn't really do much justice as the bad guys just shoot through it. So Niko hides behind some steel grinder thing. He then whips out his gun and shoots off some dudes and then fucking nails the rest with a grenade. A job well done, m8.

After that Brucie rings Niko up and tells him to meet up at some fancy nightclub. They meet up and two hours later they storm out of the bar drunk and just step over eachother and laugh at incoherent things like a butterfly taking a crap...well they don't do that but that's what I do when I'm drunk. Anyway they reach the car and apperently its a whole different experience driving when drunk. Niko crashes the car numerous times and Brucie pukes in his lap. But somehow Niko manages to drive Brucie home safely. The car by then is a fucking wreck so Niko gets out of the car busts open the nearest car window and hot wires it. (goddamnit this previewer sucks.. such a fucking kiss ass to rockstar, srsly). So Niko hauls ass and drives away, over a bridge and next to some houses (wich beaituflly mirrors the sun [see what i mean with the kiss assers?]). After some time Niko gets stopped by the Fuzz and just whips out his rocket launcher and roasts some pigs. Then he drives off into the sun. Just a normal day in Liberty City.

Keypoints:

- For the first time, a preview based on hands-on impression;
- The game is set in 2008 (it conflicts with some previous previews that already told about 2006!)
- Niko always wears helmet while riding motorcycle (mandatory I think)
- There are now two separate buttons to get in and start the engine of a car. (while in previous GTAs, one button did the trick)
- You may find 'useful things' (as cash, weapons etc. may be) in the cars you break in.
- Wasted! feature seems indifferent, you will lose all of your weapons only.
- Bulletholes (on walls, buildings etc.) will remain visible (not certain if it's temporary or permanent).

New screenshots:

Credits to Freezer89 from GTAForums for the scans!

.:nemesis:. 02-06-2008 06:55 AM

Some nice screens there Asif, and yes, we could really do with a translation.

:)

Oxymoron 02-06-2008 06:59 AM

Wow nice find Asif.

LoweJR2007 02-06-2008 07:10 AM

Great job, as always Asif. I like the screenshot on the bottom right of the first page. The guy gets shot through that glass, and the blood streaks are really nice.:) April 29th can't come fast enough. GTA IV will surely set the pace in gaming for years to come.

.:nemesis:. 02-06-2008 07:24 AM

The translation might not have any new info after all...

Quote:

Here is a translation of the information that I think are new.

Besides the information we already had from other magazines, the article tells what happens after Niko and Roman (in the article it says Brucie!) have left the nightclub drunk. After Niko has brought Roman (Brucie) home, he jacks another car and drives away (the car in which he got home from the nightclub is f***ed up). Some cops notice the car theft and chase him until they can stop him. Niko gets out of the car with a rocket launcher on his shoulder and runs down the street. It says pedestrians drop their bags and scream.
He fires at a cop on a motorbike who comes into his way. He misses the cop but the rocket hits an approaching SWAT van causing an inferno. The remaining cops shoot at him and Niko apparently "dies" in the shootout. He is brought to the hospital and loses all his weapons.
Furthermore, it tells that you have to push one button to get in a car and push another button to start the engine.
On the last page in the interview, Barrera mentions that the game is set in 2008.
Posted by -GTAlien- on GTAF.
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...t&p=1057475232

Grimmy 02-06-2008 07:25 AM

So okay after Clansman FORCED me to..

Like it basicly tells that when Niko first arrives to Liberty City he's pretty bummed about Roman being a fucking liar. So he just thinks he has to get the job done himself. Then he meets the Automechanic Brucie and they arrange a date wich Niko writes down on his uber kewl cell phone. But first he has to help some Mafia dudes, for whatever reason. The Italians want Niko to go kill some Police guy (who did them something wrong in the past I'm sure...). So he whips out his super cool cell phone and dials 911. A few squad cars appear shortly after and the police check out the scene while Niko STRAIGHT UP JACKS A POLICE CAR. He looks the guy up on the police computer and drives over to some building site. He uses a Lift from the building across and whips out a sniper rifle (out of his netherregions.. teehee).(the guy who wrote the preview said the view was so beautiful he almost cried). He looks through the sniper scope and OH SHIT there's a sniper on the other roof. Niko blasts the fool and the dude falls off onto a car. woop. Niko then gets attacked by some people and he hides behind some wood. But through the super cool new engine the wood doesn't really do much justice as the bad guys just shoot through it. So Niko hides behind some steel grinder thing. He then whips out his gun and shoots off some dudes and then fucking nails the rest with a grenade. A job well done, m8.

After that Brucie rings Niko up and tells him to meet up at some fancy nightclub. They meet up and two hours later they storm out of the bar drunk and just step over eachother and laugh at incoherent things like a butterfly taking a crap...well they don't do that but that's what I do when I'm drunk. Anyway they reach the car and apperently its a whole different experience driving when drunk. Niko crashes the car numerous times and Brucie pukes in his lap. But somehow Niko manages to drive Brucie home safely. The car by then is a fucking wreck so Niko gets out of the car busts open the nearest car window and hot wires it. (goddamnit this previewer sucks.. such a fucking kiss ass to rockstar, srsly). So Niko hauls ass and drives away, over a bridge and next to some houses (wich beaituflly mirrors the sun [see what i mean with the kiss assers?]). After some time Niko gets stopped by the Fuzz and just whips out his rocket launcher and roasts some pigs. Then he drives off into the sun. Just a normal day in Liberty City.

Woop

edit: OI CLANSMAN I HATE YOU

.:nemesis:. 02-06-2008 07:30 AM

Thanks very much Grimmy, i hate you as well, can't rep you just yet so i'll guess i''ll have to spread, howabout a crusty brown :P

Your translation sounds a lot better than the one i posted from GTAF, nice work Grimmy.

:wink2:

Asif 02-06-2008 07:32 AM

Much thanks for the translation, Grimmy. :D

T-Virus 02-06-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asif
- Bulletholes (on walls, buildings etc.) will remain visible throughout the game.

Now that's some great news. This probably also means that the game will remember your left car(wreck)s, collisions with citizens, etc a lot better than before. This will make it easier to feel that you are "forming" the game and the city as the story goes.

Asif 02-06-2008 08:23 AM

I edited this keynote a minute ago, because I am not yet certain whether it'll be temporary or permanent.

gta4crazy1 02-06-2008 08:56 AM

just a reminder, what else did we lose in the past GTA's other than our weapons?

Asif 02-06-2008 09:02 AM

Armors, I believe.

gta4crazy1 02-06-2008 09:15 AM

Does anyone know if there will be an icon like VCS to buy the weapons back. i keep forgetting if this was confirmed, because i know it has been mentioned several times

Himuro 02-06-2008 09:35 AM

Awesome!

smoking12 02-06-2008 10:18 AM

How does he get a rocket launcher and a sniper at the start of the game i that this was suppose be more realistic then the past gta games